2.09.2011

What about the audience?...

It goes without saying that choosing an audience is a very difficult decision! After much thought and consideration, I have finally established the focus for my work...my exhibition will be geared toward kids, age 15 - 21. Obviously age range is NOT going to be limited, and ALL ages will be thought about in my process. The ages I have chosen are merely the focus group. Why 15 - 21?

What is the biggest question you could ever ask a High School/College student? The answer = what do you want to do when you grow up?

True, I would like there to be educational aspects to my work. However, I am not looking to create a "classroom" with this series. To be honest, I am looking to offer an entertaining, interactive, and inspirational experience to students. It is with these aspects that the education will come. And what better age to educate and motivate students than at a time when he/she is looking to make one of the biggest decisions of his/her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment