2.01.2011

There is a lot of truth in the idea that two heads are better than one.

In the case of my project, three heads are responsible for its recent revelation. Brian Bates, my significant other, and Tracy Choomack were a huge help in yet another brainstorming session over the weekend. Now, before I get into how our conversation went, I have a confession to make: I have been struggling a bit with how to write these posts. Ultimately, I aim to fully illustrate my process to the masses. In order to do this effectively, I will be posting on this blog with a multitude of writing styles. With that said, I would like to offer this post as a commentary of Brian, Tracy, and my conversation...After I explained how Tracy and my brainstorming session went the other night, Brian had a few thoughts to add. Below are the notes I took while Brian was talking:

- how is the individual (a/the) cause(ing) or effect(ing) of something bigger than themselves

- linear? or web-like?

- what do I want to say with this project?


- who is the audience? how many levels of meaning? 

- someone that doesn't know anything vs. someone that knows everything

- the exhibit is about the experience, and is meant to convey my advocacy for endangered/threatened animals

- three choices when you walk in (3 diff animals), follow their stories (the numbers), they all end up in the same place (conceptually?), as with cause and effect everything you do has a choice (this is what's happening, but this is the result of billions of little decisions/day that kill that polar bear), your choices determine whether or not they have a choice (you have a choice, they don't), what separates us from these animals is that we have the choice, they don't, what path do you want, the little things make the big things

- what effect do you want to be the cause of?

- connect dots to other things, see in a different way, series of relationships (take out one, and the other 4 change), multi-dimensionality

- pika (small squirrel), white-tailed ptarmigan, gray wolf (unexpected), pizzlie bears, asian carp (invasive species)

- audience will collect things along the way (instead of the plastic bottle), numbers come together?, things/icons = daily encounters, decisions

- message = we are so "separated" from some of the most endangered/threatened animals  in the world...however, even the little decisions we make on the day-to-day play a role in their lives

1 comment:

  1. http://www.educationoasis.com/curriculum/GO/cause_effect.htm

    http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=cause+and+effect+graphic+organizer&revid=-1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=iF9MTbyCDoP6lwfzhP0f&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=2&ved=0CDQQsAQwAQ&biw=886&bih=455

    ReplyDelete